About Me

My photo
Rozy is an old-fashioned sort who likes to make friends and share some womanly wisdom and humor.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Little Flower Garden

I'm not a gardener in the classic sense of the word. I don't have a fully landscaped yard with "outdoor rooms" and a changing with the seasons display of lovely plants. What I do have is large trees, a few shrubs, plenty of lawn and one small flower garden. Below is what it looked like just after Mr. Movie built the timbered box for it.


I finally figured out what those green things at the back were. I had hoped for Daffodils, but they turned out to be Naked Ladies, which sprouted, bloomed and faded while I was on vacation this year! I was so surprised to seem them when I got home. They looked pretty and were a pleasant mid-summer treat.

The flowers waxed and waned with the weather. We had lots of rain, then some really hot weather, then it cooled off and things came back to life. I neglected to get photos when it looked the best, but here are some before everything is gone with the frost.

The Zinnias were aggressive growers!

Lobelia on the right, and a resurgence of Pansies

The light frost this week took out the Zinnias

Extra pretty blue Pansies

These Snapdragons were volunteers from last year's plantings

Love that rich color!

Can't remember the name of these, but this unusual flower is a delightful mutant!

White Verbena

White Alyssum - it's fragrance is powerful!

Another color variation of the "can't remember its name" flowers

Sweet William - transplanted from next door and thriving

Geraniums - perennials where I grew up, annuals here!

My grandmother had specimens like these and called them Martha Washington geraniums. I love the pretty pink!
Nothing award winning here, but I sure love the bright spot of color at the front of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment